Featuring dresses, classic pleated skirts, and delicate floral prints, Birdie’s head-to-toe golf gear is designed to take customers from the course to cocktail hour.
Important reasons: Byrdie is a local brand that sets trends and sets new fashion standards in golf. It has also caught the attention of major fashion agencies such as Vogue and Elle.
- Thousands of golf fans flocked to Charlotte this week for the Presidents Cup (September 20-25), you’ll see spectators in birdie costumes at the Quail Hollow Club.
Flashback: Charlotte’s Rachel Williams and Hayden Schoffner started birdies during the pandemic. “During COVID-19, we were playing golf every day because that was the only thing we did,” Schofner told Axios.
- They grew up on the golf course, but as they spent more time on the golf course in recent years, they realized the lack of functionality in golf clothing.
- Birdie’s clothes are designed so that women can “play 18 holes, stuff kitten heels, and wear this to dinner.”
Zoom in: Byrdie is a business dedicated to Williams and Schofner’s upbringing.Bird”) (inspired by the clothes my grandmother wore in old photos).
- “We both had grandmothers who were really chic,” Schofner said. “My grandmother always wore red lipstick on the golf course and had a big gold ring.”
What to Expect: A modern take on vintage design with puffy sleeves, floral prints, Peter Pan collars and fun hats. Williams and Schofner deliberately stray from their commonly seen long navy skirts and solid collared shirts that lean towards the sporty side of fashion.
- Bestsellers include Hayden dresses and cady suits. Their fall line is inspired by the President’s Cup and hopes spectators will see Birdie pull on his club’s rope his hat.
- Prices for socks, hats, polo shirts, dresses, skirts, and other accessories and apparel range from $12 to $295.
Where to buy: You can find it on Byrdie’s website and other online retailers such as The Avenue, Over The Moon and Modatrova.
- Birdie apparel can now be found in the Charlotte Country Club Pro Shop. Coming Spring 2023, you can find his Byrdie in pro shops nationwide.
- They don’t plan to open a physical store anytime soon, but you can make an appointment to try on clothes at their Park Road Shopping Center office by emailing: [email protected].
- This Thursday, in honor of the President’s Cup, we’re hosting a trunk show and cocktail hour. DM us on Instagram or email us at [email protected] for the address.
Zoom out: If vintage patterns and silhouettes aren’t your thing, other local shops are releasing Presidents Cup gear.
- 704 shop has T-shirt They will also be sold at the tournament.
- Glory Days Apparel has released polo shirts and button-down golf shirts on its website.
Further details: Guide to the 2022 Presidents Cup in Charlotte