Burberry and Raf Simons cancel London Fashion Week shows in ‘mark of respect’ for Queen

[ad_1]
Burberry and Raf Simons have canceled their London Fashion Week shows following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
Her Majesty the Queen died in Balmoral on Thursday afternoon (September 8) at the age of 96.
London Fashion Week is set to run from September 15th to 19th next week, but Burberry has said it will “out of respect” not show its Spring/Summer 2023 collection on September 17th. increase.
A Burberry spokesperson said: Independent: “It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Her Majesty The Queen. Out of respect, I have decided to cancel the Spring/Summer 2023 runway show scheduled for September 17th in London.”
The brand used social media channels to pay tribute to the late King, writing:
“We join the royal family and mourn her loss.”
Raf Simons announced on Friday (September 9th) that he is canceling next week’s LFW show. In his statement, Brand said:
“We pause in this time of great grief as the country enters a formal period of mourning.”
The Queen’s cause of death is not yet known, but she has been suffering from movement disorders since October last year.
Her final act of official duties was on Tuesday (September 6) when she welcomed Britain’s new prime minister, Liz Truss, at Balmoral.
The British Fashion Council (BFC) has confirmed that London Fashion Week will go ahead as planned.
A statement released Thursday night read:
“So collection shows and presentations can continue, but we ask designers to consider the timing of the image release to respect the national mood and the period of public mourning.”
The BFC has also recommended postponing or canceling “non-essential” events such as opening ceremonies and parties as Britain enters its customary 10-day period of mourning after the death of a monarch. .
The date and details of the Queen’s funeral have yet to be confirmed, but traditionally it takes place ten days after the monarch’s death, so in this case it should be September 18th or 19th.
The BFC said shows scheduled to take place on the day of Her Majesty’s funeral “need to be rescheduled”.[-hour] Immediate closure, staff black armbands, closure on the day of the funeral.”
[ad_2]
Source link












