Digital Marketing Strategies to Boost Your Ecommerce Business
The e-commerce business is booming. Experts also predict that 95% of purchases will be made online by 2040. E-commerce sales are also expected to grow 15% annually and dominate the retail market.
As the e-commerce industry grows, so does the competition. If you run an e-commerce business, you should take the necessary steps to improve your digital marketing strategy. Let’s take a look at some ways you can maximize your ecommerce business with a solid digital strategy.
1. Start by publishing great content.
An effective way to make your ecommerce site your target customer’s go-to is to provide quality content. The content you post must be original and engaging. Most importantly, target the right audience.
Create content that has the greatest impact on your business. Your message should be clear to your target audience, not written for a general audience. Give your target audience the information they need and present it in a way that leaves a strong impression.
If your website has unique, high-quality content, your e-commerce business can have a valuable position over its competitors.
One pitfall to watch out for is creating the same type of content over and over. Apply diversity to your content marketing plan. Using other forms of content such as photos, videos, and newsletters are great ways to engage your audience and share valuable information. Whenever you create content, think about how people want to engage and stay on your site.
2. Stay social.
Don’t underestimate the importance of social media. In 2018, Facebook had 2.27 billion monthly active users. This he is just one social network. But especially if you’re into e-commerce in the Philippines, it shows your marketing potential here.
Use social media to engage with existing customers, extend your reach, provide updates, and find influencers. Here we follow the standard 80:20 rule. The idea behind this is that you only need to use 20% of your direct promotions for social media marketing, leaving the remaining 80% to focus on delivering real value to your target audience.
Social media is a great channel for storytelling. Address the problems your users are facing by discussing how your product can provide potential solutions.
You can also highlight your difference from other businesses through social media. This is very important in a competitive e-commerce environment. There are 12 to 24 million e-commerce stores selling products online. They are more likely to sell the same product and compete for the same customer base. Social media marketing gives you a way to make your business stand out and stand out from the crowd.
Customers these days want to connect and build relationships with the brands they buy from. If you can build this relationship through social media, you will not only win their business but also their loyalty. means flow.
3. Harness the power of email marketing.
Email marketing is effective in reaching customers, but keeping them engaged until they read the email is a challenge. Personalize your message so it doesn’t look like it was written just to send.
You want to promote your business, but make sure your readers get value from it. One way to do this is by offering discount codes, vouchers, or promotions.
Use a strong call to action. Be clear about what you want your recipients to do after receiving your email. A good call to action will direct users to click through to your e-commerce store.
4. Paid advertising pays off.
Pay-per-click marketing can be a great investment for your e-commerce business, but only if you take the right approach.
When launching paid ads, make sure your ad copy, message value proposition, and landing page all match. Use compelling, high-converting messages in your copy. Your landing page should provide the value your customers are looking for when they see your ad. You also need to set the right keywords to ensure that you are targeting high-intent customers.
5. Comprehensive digital strategy for e-commerce business.
Developing a digital marketing plan can help your e-commerce business unlock new possibilities and remain a market leader. With the above strategies, you can accelerate your digital growth and experience a surge of customers for your business.
Fitz Villafuerte is a Registered Financial Planner at RFP Philippines. To learn more about personal financial planning, join us for the 98th RFP program this October. To inquire, email [email protected] or text 0917-6248110.