Digital Marketing Update: Is Google Ready?
Welcome to our latest roundup on digital. Here are his updates from the world of PPC, SEO, Paid Social, Content, Digital PR and International over the past two weeks.
Beth Massey – Content Executive
How Google Helpful Content Updates Ensure SEO Success
Google began rolling out Helpful Content Updates on August 25th. This update is intended to filter websites that contain a lot of unsatisfactory and unhelpful content whose content is primarily written for search engines and not for humans.
Google wants to reward people who want to contribute useful content written for humans.
To ensure SEO success in a people-targeted manner, here are seven key takeaways from content updates that can help.
- Keep your intention in mind when writing and don’t stray too far from the main topic.
- Demonstrate real-life experience to demonstrate depth of knowledge.
- Stick to one topic per page to maintain focus.
- Provide sufficient answers to user questions.
- Remember the overall reader experience, for example, include images and videos that can support your content.
- Don’t pretend you have the answer without all the information. This not only undermines trust, but also provides an overwhelming user experience.
- Make sure you are following the core update guidance.
Why add videos to your page?
If you want to capture your reader’s attention quickly and efficiently, you should consider using video within the content on your page. Research shows that he remembers 95% of messages when he sees them on video, compared to 10% when he reads them in text.
Google shows video thumbnails next to search results about 26% of the time, making users much more likely to click on your listing. Optimizing your video content not only increases your chances of appearing higher in the SERPs, but also allows you to share your video content across channels, build trust with your users, and drive greater ROI. I can do it.
Jenny Lindehoff – Head of PR & Outreach
How to get ready for PR google
Google’s Helpful Content updates are part of a broader effort to show search results more original and helpful content written by people and by people.
When creating a PR campaign, this means we need to continue Check the following:
- they are related. Are our clients qualified to speak on this subject?
- Include expert commentary. Can the client provide an expert quote on this subject?
- they are original. Is your client adding something new to the conversation?
When a client sees a website or publication that wants a backlink, continue Check the following:
- Their website and content are related to what you link to
- Links are placed in the right place and context in the content
Fiona Artwell – SEO Apprentice
Why Google Should Continue Reviewing Updates
Google has announced that it will launch its fifth product review update in the coming weeks. This comes just weeks after Google finished rolling out its last product review update, his July 2022 product review update, on his August 2nd. Google says it aims to roll out this fifth product review update the week of his August 29th.
There was backlash that the last product review update wasn’t the best and had many issues that needed to be resolved. To, this is just another update to add, but we’ll have to see what the outcome is with this new update.
Ruby Waplington – Junior Frontend Developer
How devices change user behavior
Why are mobile conversion rates lower than desktop? This article explains the differences in conversion rates between mobile and desktop, and how user behavior varies across devices. We’ve noticed this intent difference in our own results.Achieving conversion rates on mobile is always a big goal of our testing!
What GA4 means for CROs
Google Analytics 4: Everything You Need to Know About CRO. Recently, as a department, we’ve been discussing the impact of moving to GA4 on CROs and A/B testing. In particular, GA4’s cookieless capabilities are very exciting. We’re excited to see how this will improve tracking in VWO and Optimize.
Talk to us about accelerating your digital performance
Call us on 01543 410014 or submit the inquiry form below. Schedule a call with Phil Robinson.
Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash